I found this article on Facebook interesting. It was said to be written by a nurse, and it listed the top 5 regrets many have on their deathbed. For the sake of convenience, I’ve also listed them down below:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I didn’t work so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
I hope I won’t have any of the wishes above when I die. Just to let you all know, I used to be very ambitious and worked hard til I actually fell sick. All this stopped until a friend said “Cyril, take care of yourself because when you die, people only give you a flower“… which I think is very true.
So when someone does ask me about my future plans, I’d always answer ‘To be happy‘.
I don’t want to die with regrets.
This Gawai, celebrate it with your friends and family and have FUN. It’s the best time to chill and relax.
Happy Gawai everyone… it’s the only time of the year when being wasted is a good ting =P